Saturday, December 3, 2011

Breakfast at Ayurvedagram

Day 8 of Panchakarma

Finished my first main treatment of therapeutic purgation, feeling very light and cleaned! And now, I'm allowed to have my favorite meal of the day, Indian breakfast!!
• Freshly made crispy Dosa
• Rava Idly
• Tomato chutney
• Coconut chutney
• Sweet Ada
( steamed rice cake with sweet coconut paste wrapped in banana leaf)
• Uthappm (pancake)

Ayurvedically, the breakfast should be light, but after taking only Ghee and some plain rice porridge in the morning for the past 5 days, I needed to try all of these.... And all of these are actually quite light in my stomach.
Love dipping crisp warm dosa into fresh tasting chutneys.

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are feeling great!!!
    food looks crazy good.
    how long does ghee stay good for?
    I still have some that you left at our place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older the Ghee it's better!! It can also store at room temperature. It is said that the older ghee has more therapeutic value:)

    ReplyDelete